AACBT CBT@Home – OReilly – ADHD
- Madeline O'Reilly
This event was recorded live and is now available for on-demand viewing.
Review of treatment for ADHD
Presented by Ms Madeline O’Reilly
This recording is part of the AACBT CBT@Home webinar series.
This event was recorded live and is available for on-demand viewing.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
(Please note that there may be a delay in receiving the link to this event for non-members as transactions need to be verified.)
AACBT MEMBERS TICKETS ARE **FREE**
(AACBT members – log into your account for access)
This approx. 53min CBT@Home webinar was recorded in November 2022.
Have you noticed more clients wondering about ADHD and whether they may have undiagnosed ADHD?
There has been an uptick in understanding ADHD, especially in women. As a result, it is likely we are all needing to be better educated on what this is, how to assess for it, and how to treat and work with adults with ADHD. This webinar should serve to provide an update in the literature around ADHD in adults and some guidance in both the treatment options as well as applying CBT strategies in this population.
The presentation will review the assessment of ADHD in adults. It will consider the treatment options and the evidence base for these, along with other considerations when making such recommendations. Recent publications from the ADHD Report edited by Russell Barkley will be the main source of research data. Some understanding around the Executive Function model used to explain and formulate ADHD will be presented.
The benefit for those who attend may be clarity over the assessment of ADHD in adults, along with the treatment options available. Madeline hopes the webinar provides an understanding around how these different approaches may complement each other. It may also provide the viewer with ideas of how to apply CBT in a more nuanced way to clients who have ADHD compared to the neuro typical clients with anxiety and depression.
About this event:
This was a live presentation and is presented lecture-style.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand current treatment options for ADHD in adults
- Learn about the application of CBT interventions in the context of adults with ADHD
- Understand treating co-morbid psychological disorders in the context of ADHD
This is a free event for all AACBT members; bookings are only required for non-members to receive the link.
AACBT Members can access to the recording via My Account.
This session is designed for those with an intermediate level of knowledge about ADHD – attendees will be assumed that have a working knowledge of ADHD; e.g., treated a few cases.
References – readings
- Littman et al (2021) ADHD in females across the lifespan and the role of Estrogen. The ADHD Report. Vol 29, No 5.
- Barkley (2022) Improving Clinical Diagnosis using the Executive Functioning Self Regulation Theory of ADHD. The ADHD Report. Vol 30, No1.
- Talking about ADHD. Poster published by AADPA.
- Presenter’s website: https://www.madelineoreillyclinicalpsychology.com/
- Presenter’s book: https://www.decodingdoing.com/