AACBT CBT@Home – Suicidality
- Fiona Shand
This event was recorded live and is now available for on-demand viewing.
Managing suicidality in clinical practice
Presented by Dr Fiona Shand
Part of the AACBT CBT@Home webinar series.
This event was recorded live and is available for on-demand viewing.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
(Please note that there may be a delay in receiving the link to this event for non-members as transactions need to be verified.)
AACBT MEMBERS TICKETS ARE **FREE**
(AACBT members – log into your account for access)
This approx. 1hr CBT@Home webinar was recorded in March 2020.
Suicidality is a common presentation across a range of health settings, and in particular during the assessment and treatment of mental illnesses. Understanding suicide prevention is a vital skill for all clinicians.
This webinar provides up to date evidence in regard to our current understanding of suicide risk and evidence-based interventions. A must see for all clinicians!
Topics covered will include:
- the dynamic nature of suicide risk
- limitations of traditional risk assessment and alternatives approaches
- psychosocial assessment, and safety and care planning for suicide prevention
- working collaboratively with the client and building supports
- treating underpinning factors and managing precipitants/triggers
- using CBT and associated evidence-based strategies in suicide prevention
- recent advances in the assessment of suicide status and preventive interventions
This is a free event for all AACBT members; bookings are only required for non-members to receive the link.
AACBT Members can access to the recording via My Account.