AACBT Workshop: Insomnia in Adults: What Therapists Need to Know
If you’ve ever had a bad night’s sleep you will know how debilitating it can be. Insomnia is one of the most common problems in clinical practice. Get the latest in the treatment of insomnia by an international expert in the field.
Insomnia is one of the most common presenting problems and is associated with significant impairment and individual, family and societal costs.
Despite their limited long term effectiveness, insomnia is commonly treated with over-the-counter or prescribed medications.
Learn about the range of latest non-pharmacological evidenced based therapies now exist for the treatment of insomnia in this interactive highly informative workshop.
- Find out how common insomnia is in the community and how it impacts on health and wellbeing
- Demystify sleep for your clients by understanding the basic processes of human sleep
- Understand insomnia, its subtypes and treatment implications
- Explore diagnostic issues and learn about differential diagnosis of insomnia from other sleep disorders and co-morbidities
- Design and implement cognitive and behavioral therapies for insomnia with evidenced based established efficacy
Don’t miss this practical, skills based workshop, relevant for all therapist, no matter what sector you work in.