PEERS for Young Adults – Virtual Event Feb 2022 (Non-AACBT event)
- Elizabeth Laugeson
PEERS® Certified Training Seminar
17-19 February 2022
The PEERS® for Young Adults Certified Training Seminar is designed exclusively for mental health professionals, educators, medical professionals, speech and language pathologists, occupational and recreational therapists, researchers, and other professionals who work with young adults with social challenges. Attendees will obtain 24 hours of training over 3 days regarding use of the PEERS® Curriculum and the research behind the program.
Date: 17-19 February 2022 (8am-4pm AEDT)
Cost: $800 (AUD) + GST
Location: Zoom –> Zoom links will be provided to registered attendees prior to the training
Attendees are required to purchase their own paperback or e-copy of the PEERS® for Young Adults Manual. You can purchase from either Amazon or Routledge.
Materials attendees receive:
- Over 100 role-play videos (Laugeson, 2017)
- PowerPoint slides for telehealth delivery
Learning Objectives for training:
- Attendees will learn about the friendship and social difficulties common to young adults with autism spectrum disorder and other social challenges.
- Attendees will learn how to conduct group social skills training for young adults and their parents/caregivers
- Attendees will become familiar with the PEERS® for Young Adults Treatment Manual and the research upon which it is founded.
- Attendees will be equipped with the tools to deliver PEERS® in community mental health, medical, research, or educational settings